Maldives National Chamber of Commerce and Industry came into existence with the merger of Maldives Traders Association (MTA established in 1979) and Maldives National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MNCCI established in 1994). MNCCI is an independent membership-driven organization. It is a not-for-profit, democratic organization representing the common interests of the business community. Members' active participation and attendance at membership functions is not only welcome, but is essential to the organization's existence.
Our mission is to be the most effective private sector body developed for the social and economic development of the Maldives through the promotion of commerce and industry and we aim to help promote and protect the trade, business commerce and public welfare of the nation.
Maldives National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MNCCI) sole purpose is to cater for Maldivian businesses and ventures protecting their interests and rights. MNCCI is a singular organization working at a National level representing nearly 90% of all Maldivian businesses. MNCCI works solely with its personnel staffed to accommodate the ever increasing business requirements and services.
MNCCI also co-ordinates many of its activities and functions in line and association with other similar National organizations including Maldives Association of Tourism Industry (MATI
) and Maldives Association of Construction Industry (MACI
In addition, close peer relationships are held with Ministry of Trade and Industry for policy consultation and related projects through out all exertions. A special project - Small and Medium size Entrepreneurs - which is in development is currently underway with assistance from the trade ministry.
One of the main goals being creating awareness throughout the business community about government regulations and policies, MNCCI works and contributes both actively and otherwise in a broad paradigm of trade committees and councils within the government.
MNCCI functions as trade and investment promotion portal for local and foreign business houses, Chambers and Business Councils as well as countries that do not have a business office in the Maldives.
- Protect and advocate the business interests of our members.
- Create stimulating opportunities for members to exchange views on issues of interest and importance to their business operations and strategy.
- Promote constant dialogue with the Maldivian Government so that members' views may be incorporated in any decision-making process.
- Build relationships with other international trade organizations.
- Participate in the formulation of legislation, trading and industrial procedures when invited by the Government.
- Nominate representatives to advisory committees and statutory bodies.
- Provide up-to-date business intelligence and information.
- Assist members in dealing with official organization.
- Provide trade and investment advice to local and overseas visitors.
Since the interception, MNCCI has been expressing the views defending the interests of Maldives Commerce and Industry through regular representation and consultations with the Government and other official bodies. MNCCI offers the benefit of its close privileged links worldwide to obtain useful information and provide business opportunities.
- Representing the business community in National and International Forums
- Promoting Exports and Investments
- Providing information and advice to members
- Undertaking business related research
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Conducting Training, Workshop & Seminars in business related activities
- Promoting Exhibition & Trade Fairs